The SSL Trend channel is a very popular trend indicator. It comes from the forex world where it's used by many traders. The indicator plots a channel that is based on 2 moving averages. The first moving average is using the high of each candle and the second moving average is using the low of each candle.
By using the low & high of the candles as a base for our moving average we get a trend channel that allows you to quickly recognize the trend and get into the trend easily.
We took this basic idea of the indicator and supercharged it in many ways by adding trading signals, statistics, alerts, the option to widen or shrink the bands, the option to choose any of the 13 different types of moving averages, and much more
1. Max. Potential Target lines
When a trade setup is a winner, meaning that it reached its target before hitting its stop loss, the indicator will trail & plots the maximum potential target (in ticks) for each trend reversal setup as shown in the screenshot below. This will the absolute maximum profit a trader could have made in theory.
However, note that it's unrealistic to think that a trader will be able to reach this for each and every trade. That is why it's up to the trader to use good exit techniques like trading multiple contracts and trailing his runners to get the most out of each trade. The indicator just shows you the potential profit one could make in theory.
2. 13 types of moving averages
The indicator allows you to choose one of the 13 different types of moving averages and specify the period for the selected moving average. This way you can fully customize which moving average you would like to use for the SSL Trend Channel
3. ATR based channel bandwidth
The SSL channel can optionally be widened by applying an ATR-based multiplier. When the ATR multiplier is set to 0 the band has its original width determined by the 2 moving averages. By increasing the multiplier to for example 0.5, 1, 2, or more you can widen the SSL channel to your liking
4. Real-time statistics
The indicator calculates the trading statistics for each historical trade setup in real-time. The stop loss and target used can be changed in the indicator settings. This gives the trader a quick and easy way to find the optimal target and stop-loss settings for a particular market and or timeframe.
Note that the statistics are calculated on the maximum profit (or loss) a trader could make in theory for each trade setup. It's unrealistic to think that a trader will be able to reach this maximum profit for every trade. It's therefore up to the trader to use good exit techniques (like trading multiple contracts, trailing stops, etc) to optimize his exits as well as possible.
5. Alerts & Signals
The indicator provides the following trading signals
5.1 Trend reversal signal
This signal gets indicated by a red or blue R (depending on the trend) and occurs when a potential trend reversal occurs.
5.2 Pullback signal
This signal gets indicated by a green PB and occurs when the price pulls back and closes inside the channel and then closes outside the channel
Both signals are shown on the chart in real-time and can give ninja trader alerts
6. Paint bars
Of course, you have the option to paint the candles in the color of the trend.
The colors can be changed to your own liking
7. Plots for automated strategies
The indicator exposes a Signal plot for people who want to build their own automated strategy based on this indicator. The signal plot can be used from ninja script, the strategy builder, and/or tools like Bloodhound
The values for the Trend plot are:
- -1 trend is bearish
- +1 trend is bullish
The values for the Signal plot are
- -1 bearish trend reversal signal
- +1 bullish trend reversal signal
- -2 bearish pullback signal
- +2 bullish pullback signal
- Trend following
- Plots a channel based on the candle high and lows of 2 moving averages.
- Choose between 13 types of moving average
- Wide the channel based on the ATR and multiplier
- Statistics showing win rate, profit factor and more for each setup
- Draws the max. potential profit targets for each reversal
- Paint bars
- Reversal signals
- Pullback signals
- Plots for strategy builders
- Supports Bloodhound
- Works on any time frame
- Works on any market (futures, crypto, stock, options)
- Works with any bar type (time, Renko, tick, volume, range,..)
- Works with any NinjaTrader version
- added option to show/hide pullbacks and/or reversals
- previous reversal trade now gets closed when a new reversal signal appears
- improved statistics
- changed default moving average type to VWMA
- Added target lines to show the potential profit one could make on reversals
- fixed bug with statistics
- fixed issue that turning on/off pullback signals did not work
- released the first version
All our indicators and packages come with
- a one-time fee only
- lifetime license for 1 pc (we offer 20% discount for 2nd licenses)
- includes free future updates
We also offer a 100% free 5-day trial of all our indicators allowing you to test our software before you decide to invest in it. Since you are able to test all our software before buying it all sales are final and non-refundable!